PENTAX K-70 BODY BLACK
A digital SLR camera designed for outdoor photography, featuring PENTAX’s first Hybrid AF system and super-high-sensitivity shooting at ISO 102400
The PENTAX K-70 is designed to be an all-weather camera, thanks to its outstanding dustproof, weather-resistant construction and dependable cold-proof performance down to temperatures as low as -10°CIt also features a new Hybrid AF system, which harmonizes the advantages of both the image-plane phase-matching AF system and the contrast detection AF system, in order to assure the maximum speed and accuracy of AF operations during Live View shooting. It even provides a range of advanced, upper-class-equivalent features, including the PENTAX-developed Pixel Shift Resolution System; an innovative AA (anti-aliasing) filter simulator with the same moiré reduction effect as an optical AA filter; an optical viewfinder with nearly 100 percent field of view; and an in-body shake reduction mechanism with a shake reduction effect equivalent to approximately 4.5 shutter steps. For remote shooting operation and easy transfer of captured images to smartphones and tablet computers, it also features a built-in wireless LAN (Wi-Fi) module.
- Super-high-resolution images captured with approximately 24.24 effective megapixels and at ISO 102400
- Hybrid AF system for high-speed AF operation during Live View shooting
- Dustproof, weather-resistant body perfect for rugged outdoor photography
- High-precision autofocus system with the SAFOX X module
- PENTAX-original shake-reduction system featuring the Pixel Shift Resolution System
- Optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view
- High-speed shutter to capture fast-moving subjects in crisp focus
- With a top shutter speed of 1/6000 second, the PENTAX K-70 captures sharply focused images, even with fast-moving subjects. Coupled with its high-speed continuous shooting function with a top speed of approximately six images per second, it lets the photographer preserve once-in-a-lifetime shutter opportunities in beautifully focused images.
- Upgraded Full HD movie recording
The PENTAX K-70 captures high-resolution, flawless Full HD movie clips (1920 x 1080 pixels; 60i/30p frame rate) in the H.264 recording format, and records lively stereo sound using a built-in stereo microphone. In combination with compatible lenses, it allows the user to use the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode* to keep accurate focus on a moving subject, or take advantage of a new aperture control function** to automatically assure a proper exposure level even in fluctuating lighting conditions during movie recording. It also provides a host of distinctive visual effects for movie production, including the 4K Interval Movie mode that connects a series of 4K-resolution still images at a fixed interval to create a single movie file, and a Star Stream mode to fade in and out the traces of stars to recorded movies.
- Vari-angle LCD monitor for easy image viewing from all angles
- An array of functional customization options
- The PENTAX K-70 allows a choice of menu items and the order of their listing displayed on the control panel, so that the user can confirm or change the listed functions and their current settings at a glance.
- Wireless LAN connection to support smartphone operation
- 77-segment multi-pattern metering system for high-precision light metering
- DR (Dust Removal) mechanism to shake dust off from the surface of the CMOS image sensor.
- Timer exposure mode— a new shooting feature incorporated for the first time in a PENTAX digital SLR camera — which allows the user to expend an exposure time to as long as 20 minutes in Bulb mode, and automatically closes the shutter when the user-selected exposure time expires
- A pair of e-dials for efficient control of the PENTAX-invented hyper operating system
- Self-timer function, which even works in the Continuous AF (AF-C) mode
- Clarity control and Skin Tone correction functions — a pair of the latest image processing technologies developed by RICOH Central Laboratory
- A selection of imaging tools, such as Custom Images, Digital Filters and Scene Modes