RED DSMC2 HELIUM 8K S35
EPIC-W carries on the legacy of the original EPIC, which became the industry workhorse upon its release in 2010. Powered by the HELIUM™ 8K S35 sensor, EPIC-W is capable of shooting 8K Full Frame at up to 30 frames per second (fps).
At full 8K resolution EPIC-W captures 35.4 Megapixels images—delivering more detail and creative possibilities in every frame. With HELIUM sensor advancements, EPIC-W boasts improved low-light sensitivity and impressive dynamic range. Leveraging lightning fast data rates up to 275 MB/s, EPIC-W can record REDCODE RAW, as well as proxy 4K Apple ProRes or Avid DNxHR—simultaneously.
Joining the DSMC2 lineup, EPIC-W benefits from the advanced modularity of the RED ecosystem and offers cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing supply of modules and accessories. Also featuring interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, EPIC-W provides an all new perspective with full sensor coverage and support for your arsenal of S35 glass.
NOTE: EPIC-W 8K S35 is NOT compatible with 8K VV lens mounts.
NOTE: The EPIC-W BRAIN itself does not have a DC IN power port. A port expander or power module is required to power the camera.
- HELIUM 35.4 Megapixel CMOS
- 16.5+ stops
- REDCODE RAW up to 8K Full Frame (8192 x 4320) and 30 fps
- REDCODE RAW up to 8K 2.4:1 (8192 x 3456) and 30 fps
- Apple ProRes 422 HQ up to 4K (4096 × 2160) and 29.97 fps
- Avid DNxHR HQX up to 4K (4096 × 2160) 12-bit and 29.97 fps
- 3.35 lbs (BRAIN with Integrated Media Bay)
- 3D LUT support
- Integrated REDLINK WiFi antenna