Vario-Elmar-S 30-90mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH.
The Leica Vario-Elmar-S 30–90mm f/3.5–5.6 ASPH. (24–72 mm in 35 mm format) combines a universally versatile range of focal lengths, compact construction, and low weight with extraordinarily high imaging performance from the closest focusing distance to infinity, both wide open and at all other apertures.
With the exception of a slightly slower maximum aperture, the lens is a fully viable alternative to prime lenses. It significantly increases flexibility and allows longer and much less tiring shooting sessions.
Nine of the 14 elements in four groups are manufactured from glasses with anomalous partial dispersion. Of these, three are fluoride lenses with particularly low dispersion for the correction of chromatic aberrations.
Two aspherical surfaces on the rear element are employed for the minimization of monochromatic aberrations, while another aspherical surface on the front lens of the second group maintains consistent imaging performance at shorter distances and contributes to the minimization of distortion.
The all-rounder for many occasions
- Combines the flexibility of a zoom lens with the imaging performance of corresponding fixed focal lengths
- The all-rounder for many occasions
- From the angle of view it corresponds to a lens with focal lengths of 24 to 72 mm, converted to 35 mm aspect ratios
- Excellent imaging performance over the entire range and at all aperture settings
- Extremely fast
- Creative use of sharpness and blurring for the plastic extraction of motif details
- Best image quality up to the edge due to aspherical optics
- Weather- and dust-sealed lens
|Kompatibla objektivfästen||S (Leica)|
|Linseelement / Grupper||14/11|
|Filter diameter||95 mm|