RED V-Raptor XL 8K S35 – Production Pack (V-Lock)
V-RAPTOR™ XL 8K S35 expands upon the most powerful and advanced RED® camera platform ever. Using RED’s newest 8K S35 sensor, V-RAPTOR XL leverages the convenience and lens selection of the Super35mm format, with the benefits and flexibility of 8K acquisition, all inside of a large-scale-production ready XL camera body.
V-RAPTOR XL is designed to support high-end television, natural history, broadcast, and motion picture productions as well as any filmmaker who requires an all-in-one solution.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
V-RAPTOR XL is a dual voltage camera system, supporting both low voltage 14V batteries as well as high voltage batteries in both V-Lock and Gold Mount options. V-RAPTOR XL features the most flexible power ecosystem available in the market today.
- 12V and 24V auxiliary power outputs support the camera assistants, allowing them to power all the peripherals needed to do their job well, from one centralized place.
- Front facing 3G-SDI and 2-Pin 12V power, as well as compatibility with the DSMC3™ RED® Touch 7.0” LCD, supports any camera operators viewing preference.
- Wireless timecode, genlock, and camera control, as well as four SDI outputs support the DIT or camera shader, giving them access to everything they need at their cart or truck.
- Built-in electronic ND allows cinematographers or camera shaders to precisely select their density in up to 1/4 stop increments, providing never before seen exposure and depth of field control inside a cinema camera of this level.
Additionally, the V-RAPTOR/V-RAPTOR™ XL and the DSMC3 platform features advanced connectivity solutions which enable applications such as RED Connect for 8K R3D cinematic live streaming and remote record, remote control and monitoring, in-camera Frame.io integration, AWS direct upload, and more.
V-RAPTOR 8K S35 SENSOR INSIDE
Featuring the same 8K S35 sensor found inside the V-RAPTOR 8K S35, this format is ideal for any project where both Super35mm lensing and 8K acquisition is required.
Leverage lightweight zooms or vintage primes while still capturing at 8K 120P for stunning high resolution slow motion.
In addition, the V-RAPTOR sensor scan time is 2x faster than any previous RED camera and it allows users to capture up to 600 fps at 2K. V-RAPTOR XL will also continue to feature RED’s proprietary REDCODE RAW codec, allowing users to capture 16-bit RAW, and leverage RED’s latest IPP2 workflow and color management.
The Super35mm format is still ideal for many markets over Large Format. While traditional motion picture productions may prefer the aesthetic of the “Large Format Look,” for many applications large format may not be as practical.
Wildlife Filmmakers are often hundreds of feet from their subjects and in remote or barely accessible locations. This requires a compact kit and ability to shoot in Super35mm format, allowing for wide range zoom lenses, like the Canon 50-1000mm, with the size and weight to remain flexible for any scenario or environment. The V-RAPTOR 8K S35 unlocks all of this, along with capturing archival-quality 8K resolution inside of the compact and powerful V-RAPTOR camera body, so filmmakers can capture breathtaking images anywhere on the globe.
Live event broadcasting continues its trend of blending cinematic imagery into its final delivery. Whether these productions are looking to highlight shallower depth of field, slow motion playback, or higher resolution, the V-RAPTOR 8K S35 provides all of the power of RED’s cinematic image quality in a format that supports the wide range of lenses required for live event coverage. Live 8K workflows using RED Connect unleashes the power of 8K in these environments, allowing for different framing to be pulled from a single camera position and controlled downstream for a more immersive production.
Lenses are as critical of a decision for a cinematographer as the camera itself. When the lenses that are needed to tell the story do not cover large format, filmmakers have the choice of either using V-RAPTOR 8K VV at 6K Super35mm, or now V-RAPTOR 8K S35 for when the full 8K resolution is needed. By capturing the full 35 megapixels of 8K compared to the 20 megapixels of 6K, filmmakers maintain the full flexibility of 8K image capture while in the Super35mm format.
- 1 x V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 Camera System
- 1 x DSMC3 RED Touch 7” LCD
- 1 x DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0" LCD Hood
- 1 x DSMC3 RMI Cable 18"
- 2 x RED PRO CFexpress 2TB
- 1 x RED CFexpress Card Reader
- 4 x REDVOLT XL-V
- 1 x RED Compact Dual V-Lock Charger
- 1 x DSMC3 RED 5-Pin to Dual XLR Adapter
- 1 x V-RAPTOR XL Top Handle w/ Extensions
- 1 x V-RAPTOR XL Top 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket
- 1x V-RAPTOR XL Bottom 15mm LWS Rod Support Bracket
- 1x V-RAPTOR XL Riser Plate
- 2 Year Standard Warranty (camera only)
|Objektivfäste||PL (Possitive Lock)|
|Antal pixlar||35.4 MP|
|Lagringsmedie||CFexpress Type B|
|Videoupplösning||120 fps at 8K 17:9 (8192 x 4320) 150 fps at 8K 2.4:1 (8192 x 3456) 140 fps at 7K 17:9 (7168 x 3780) 175 fps at 7K 2.4:1 (7168 x 3024) 160 fps at 6K 17:9 (6144 x 3240) 200 fps at 6K 2.4:1 (6144 x 2592) 192 fps at 5K 17:9 (5120 x 2700) 240 fps at 5K 2.4:1 (5120 x 2160) 240 fps at 4K 17:9 (4096 x 2160) 300 fps at 4K 2.4:1 (4096 x 1728) 320 fps at 3K 17:9 (3072 x 1620) 400 fps at 3K 2.4:1 (3072 x 1296) 480 fps at 2K 17:9 (2048 x 1080) 600 fps at 2K 2.4:1 (2048 x 864)|
|Videoformat||REDCODE RAW REDCODE HQ, REDCODE MQ REDCODE LQ Apple ProRes 4444 XQ Apple ProRes 4444 Apple ProRes 422 HQ Apple ProRes 422 Apple ProRes 422 LT|
|Inspelningshastighet||150 fps at 8K 2.4:1, 175 fps at 7K 2.4:1, 200 fps at 6K 2.4:1, 240 fps at 5K 2.4:1, 300 fps at 4K 2.4:1, 400 fps at 3K 2.4:1, 600 fps at 2K 2.4:1|